European Economics INT 356. ESSCA
Lesson N° 10. Crises and Crashes
Due to the current health crisis, this lesson will be available on
my website only (reesonomics.eu). It will not be available on TEAMS
since I don't have a microphone that fits my computer! Lesson N° 9
on the economies of scale will be available later, along with all the
Since the Covid19 health crisis is the start of another probable
economic crisis, I have included the aspect of health and economic
crises into the lesson.
I apologise in advance for the mediocre video and sound quality.
Please note - for the fiscal policy presentations, I am still missing
the 'unemployment benefit' team's presentation. The marks for all
groups will be given once I have received this missing presentation.
Please remember to only use the two e-mail addresses given on my
website (under 'Contact'). Do not use the ESSCA address.
Here are the guidelines
1. Open the website (reesonomics.eu/European Economics/lesson 10 Crises and Crashes)
2. Watch the introductory video
3. Watch the video 'Tulipmania'
4. Open the PowerPoint 'Economic Crises and Speculation'
5. Watch the video presenting the PowerPoint on 'Economic Crises and
Speculation' and follow the slides on your computer at the same time
6. Open the PowerPoint 'The 1929 Wall Street Crash'
7. Watch the video presenting the PowerPoint on 'The 1929
Wall Street Crash' and follow the slides on your computer at the same
8. If you are interested, then there are some video and presentation
links on the left of the lesson page (Gordon Gecko, High-speed trading
etc.). These links include slides and a video about the New Deal on how
Roosvelt dealt with the Dreat Depression in the US following the Wall
For any comments and/or questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org